Friday, May 23, 2008

Another practice session... I guess I'm dancing again? [because I did lay it down for 3 years]

I just got finished dancing my arse off yesterday. For the most part I wasn't feeling it. I am trying to move away from "popping", or "pop-locking" as some people call it, exclusively and moving more into "hip hop". It's hard to define hip hop because there aren't a lot of defined moves that are called "hip hop moves". There are dances that are popular in hip hop videos and in clubs but that's different. I mean the lawnmower was a popular hip hop move at one time but would not look good now. So hip hop really boils down to the interpretation of the hip hop teacher. Anyway, with that said, my video has less popping than just out right hip hop. I also do quite a bit of "boogaloo style" which was my sort of "gateway drug" into hip hop. I used a lot of "quotations" in this post. So without further ado, here is my clip. Let me know what you think. Oh, it lost a lot of quality from my CPU to YouTube so sorry its fuzzy.

No comments: